Monday, February 14, 2011
1 onion (size of orange)
3 stalks celery
3 cloves garlic
Progressive Italian bread crumbs
1 Lb sausage
1 box cream cheese
50 white buttom mushrooms (about 3-4 boxes)
1) Pop off stems of mushrooms, and then wipe off with a lightly damp rag and dry. (don't wash directly under water; they absorb water and will then cook off and be a "soup" when you cook them)
2) Chop vegies finely. Saute celery and onion with the sausage and add the garlic for the last few minutes. If needed, add a little butter. Break the sausage into very small pieces as it cooks.
3) Mix sausage mixture, cream cheese and bread crumbs together. (Continue to add bread crumbs until it is a nice, moist stuffing consistancy).
4) Stuff the mushrooms!
5) Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
6) Bake 350 degrees 20-25 minutes (until browned)
7) Grab a few before they're gone!
**Tip: I prepare in advance and bake right before a party. I also chop the stems and use them in a ham and cheese omelet so they don't go to waste. Enjoy!